General Manager, Apparel Sales - Boston or NYC
Brighton, MassachusettsJob ID R19458
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
Reporting to the SVP of North America the General Manager will develop the strategic plan and align investments to accelerate the apparel sales in wholesale and digital accounts within North America. This requires influencing key stakeholders in a matrix work environment to ensure goals are achieved.
- Deliver revenue, gross margin and operating contribution targets for apparel products in North America
- Set the action plans and lead the execution of strategy to successfully connect with targeted consumers through select retail partners
- Champion Customer relationships and initiatives that align with business unit strategies
- Driving consumer first thinking in all sell-in and sell-thru activities
- Create annual budget and P&L for apparel products
- Drive digital expansion within key retail partners
- Collaborate with merchandising team to develop appropriate directed assortments for the consumers in each business unit.
- Influence and hold accountably a high performing team of sales planners, account managers, and sales managers who are managing relationships in accounts such as run specialty, team sports, lifestyle, sporting goods, department stores and NB licensed stores
- Sets vision and strategy for the account managers and sales managers
- Develop specific segment plans by product category, channel, and account to ensure growth in all revenue streams
- Collaborate with New Balance business leaders in functions such as merchandising, product, marketing, finance and sales operations to ensure efficient operation of the organization.
- Ensure sales forecasts are vetted with sales managers, merchandising, demand planning and finance teams
- Develop and implement distribution strategies for expanding the business in all channels
- Coach account managers to ensure sell-in meetings are successful
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years leading high performing teams operating as, or with, a general manager mindset.
- Strong financial acumen, with previous P&L ownership
- Must be able to influence key stakeholders internal and external to New Balance
- Understanding of athletic and lifestyle apparel retail marketplace
- Additional consideration for previous experience with some, or all, of the Key Customers
- Ability to multitask and make decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the team effort
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven record of cross functional collaboration and work within a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver success with Digital Wholesale/Digital First mindset
- Ability to deliver strong presentations
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.