Global Creative Studio Manager (Art Director)
Brighton, MassachusettsJob ID R18261
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
Do you love sports? Do you live to get people excited about the lifestyle & fashion space? Are you a ‘break the norms’ thinker? Are you highly creative?
New Balance is on a mission to find aGlobal Creative Studio Manager (Art Director)for our internal Global Creative Studio. You will drive large scale, exceptional creative launches in collaboration with the Global Marketing team: consumer & brand leads, creatives, 2D & digital designers, producers, writers and agency partners to develop and execute multi-channel ideas. 360 launches include social, newbalance.com, retail, event activations and large-scale sports moments. This role will own art and copy teams that drive creative consistency across these 360˚ executions, while mentoring and managing these teams on projects / launches. You will embrace, understand and exude our Fearlessly Independent since 1906 brand ethos and bring this to life by pushing actionable disruption so we make a memorable impact throughout multiple programs.
- Partner with Global, North America marketing, and other stakeholders to translate briefs into clearly articulated creative concepts – socialize and gain buy-in and alignment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams/agencies to ensure ideas are on strategy while pushing work to be inventive, unexpected, original and on brand.
- Work across channels to concept and execute creative ideas.
- Maintain brand standards across a variety of disciplines
- Keep the Operations team updated on the status of all current projects.
- Partner / update Creative Director on key projects and initiatives
- Assess in-market creative work to ensure ideas are as powerful in reality as when they were pitched.
- Manage a team of copywriters, art directors, designers and content creators to deliver GTM (go to market) calendar - 12 stories / year
- An exceptional ability to motivate creative thinking from a world class creative team to think outside the box inclusive of concept ideation, design development & resource allocation
- A precedent for delivering the unexpected – you are HIGHLY creative and comfortable pushing boundaries.
- A thorough understanding of the creative process; can implement projects through all phases with a 360˚ view & a proven ability to work cross-functionally to bring emotive stories to life in a compelling way.
- Deep connection to sports, sport culture, lifestyle, fashion trends and an understanding of the current media landscape. Ability to think and design with digital, distribution-first mindset.
- Exceptional presentation skills and proven ability to effectively work with teams to brainstorm, design and strategize the fulfillment of marketing executions
- Leadership capabilities, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group and proven experience with the management of creative minds. A great coach.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Stay abreast of cultural events and trends, digital and technology happenings, that might bring extraordinary brand experiences to our clients’ audiences
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat on Mac.
- A fundamental understanding that anything is possible and has fun delivering this.
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with design & copy teams
- Embrace flexibility – a willingness to change course to get the project across the finish line.
- Open communication with supervisor on work progress/ team challenges
- Supervise time management of Creative Team, help to prioritize workloads, manage your own time wisely, solutions oriented
- Champion processes and tools that facilitate creative development
- Bachelor’s degree in design, communication design or advertising design & at least 8-10 years directly relevant work experience. Expertise working with digital, retail and print.
- Real team player, ultimate flexibility, nimble-ness, no ego – embrace ONE NB
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.