Head of Global Content & Digital MarketingJob ID R15511
New Balance has a history of 110 years of enduring performance and is still running strong today. Part of what makes New Balance so unique is our commitment to making products that not only provide performance, but also superior fit and comfort. The same attention that is placed on our athletic shoes and apparel is also placed on our associates. New Balance thrives because of the passion and dedication of the people we hire. We rely on our associates to match our enthusiasm for the business and to help drive consumers to move further, faster and more frequently. We seek associates who are always on the move. Associates who push themselves forward and are motivated to move New Balance forward. Ask yourself: Are you ready to move the world?
The primary function of this role is to drive the strategic direction, operation, and execution of New Balance’s Global Digital Marketing to achieve brand and commercial success. The role will lead a global team to create and deliver disruptive and innovative strategies and plans across Social Media, Paid, Owned and Earned Distribution Partners, and Content Creation teams to drive global brand consideration and conversion. This leader will work in close partnership with International and Regional Marketing teams to ensure strategies and communications maintain global relevance, with a particular focus on 4 key countries: US, UK, Japan, and China. The role will also partner with Ecommerce teams to find synergies and realize marketing efforts that drive aggressive growth goals in our .com business.
Partnering closely with Heads of Brand Marketing, Consumer Marketing, International Marketing, Analytics, and Ecommerce, this role will lead defining and delivering how the Brand shows up in culture across devices and mediums, through all content types and formats, and throughout the consumer funnel. New Balance is building a Digital/Mobile-first marketing team, and this role is crucial to its success. This position will be high profile in driving Go-to-Market process throughout both product and marketing.
- Strategic Direction: As the Global Digital Marketing leader for the organization, bring forth innovative and ownable long-term strategic thinking, seasonal strategies, and compelling concepts to align to brand and product campaigns.
- Global Mindset: Proven ability to understand and incorporate regional trends and technologies into globally integrated digital strategies. Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-team and cross-geography.
- Data Driven: This role will measure, track and interpret Data that will drive the strategic direction, and will track and report regularly against key KPIs
- Creative Concepting: Drawing on experience, cross-functional teams, and agency partners, lead and/or collaborate to generate best-in-class creative and programming across all NB content and distribution outlets.
- Innovation & Disruption: From major brand launches to a social post, this role will define and operationalize how NB brings to life our proposition of Fearlessly Independent since 1906. Setting the course for our digital tone-of-voice, how we look and act with the consumer, and managing the team to ensure at every step we’re demonstrating our brand proposition.
- Production: Leading a nimble team of producers and creators to define the next-gen internal creative production capability.
- Driving Business: You will be focused on partnering with our site/business teams to educate, guide, set, and deploy strategies and tactics to drive growth in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Management: Lead a team specializing in Social Media (Paid & Organic), Ecommerce, and content Production
- Budget Planning and Management: Develop and mange annual budget to meet Digital Marketing goals.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- 10+ years progressive experience in socially-led, distribution-first digital and content marketing positions, preferably in mid to large-sized companies.
- Footwear, apparel or athletic experience a plus (must have brand/client-side experience)
- Passion for New Balance brand, core sports, Lifestyle, and independent thinking
- Strong knowledge of Google analytics, Omniture, market dynamics and analysis.
- Deep knowledge and experience in delivering significant brand and commercial growth through application of best practices, but more importantly through digital and social innovation
- Agency Management experience, including acquisition of new agency partners & management of existing agency portfolio.
- Ability to cross-functionally lead (up and down) to achieve single, aligned outcomes
- Team leadership skills and a track record of developing strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Exceptional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization and with external partners, customers, agencies and collaborators
- Some domestic and international travel required
- Must be strategic, conceptual, unafraid to get in the weeds, calculated with risk, but fearless in application.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
Meet Evie, Apparel Design
Meet Tim, Product Innovation
Meet Hanalei, Retail Manager