Strategic Account Manager, Athletic Specialty - Boston or NYC
Brighton, MassachusettsJob ID R19412
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
Think of being a Strategic Account Manager as running your own micro-business, minus the overhead and long hours. You will “own” designated key accounts, using data analytics and a keen business acumen to lead sell-in and sell-through activities that maximize profitability. You will cultivate a nuanced understanding of your particular consumers that allows you to implement effective product and brand direction. When your accounts are meeting the demands of their consumers by selling the “right” NB products, both online and in-store, you will know you’ve been successful, and you will revel in a job well done.
- Develop and implement consumer business unit strategies to hit revenue and margin targets
- Use analytical insights and marketing assets to ensure sell-through success of directed assortment and effectively connect with consumers
- Deliver flawless order flows to your accounts through partnership with account service reps
- Ensure that the sales team and appropriate business partners are aligned on product priorities and that business plans are executed in coordination
- Prepare and deliver clear and persuasive product presentations
- Follow established Order Book Management process to ensure timely order acquisition and delivery
- Collaborate with marketing on digital advertising/social media plans
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ years of sales and/or account management
- Previous experience in athletic industry, eCommerce, or consumer product goods preferable
- Successful track record of driving short- and long-term collaborative growth plans
- Strong financial acumen with an understanding of retail metrics and account profitability models
- Power user of PowerPoint, Excel, Work, and Salesforce.com
- Ability to champion account needs both cross-functionally and vertically within an organization
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.