Retail Sales Associate (PT)
Clarksburg, MarylandJob ID R17041
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
As a Retail Sales Associate you will serve as the face of New Balance in each customer interaction you have. The collective efforts of thousands of employees worldwide will all culminate with you, the final crucial piece. Too much pressure? Nah, you got this. All we ask is that you rep our gear with pride and exude the essence of our brand with your every out-breath. A lot of hard work and passion goes into the products we create – we want to make sure none of it gets lost in translation.
- Provide customer service using proper selling techniques, product knowledge, and the GUEST service model:
- Greet and make customer contact
- Understand the customer's needs
- Educate the customer on product features and benefits
- Solve any customer problems/answer any questions
- Transact the sale through suggestive selling, multiple selling, and effective closing
- Correctly measure and fit customers with appropriate NB product
- Inform customers about any promotions we have running
- Keep the floor always looking its best – neat, organized, and well stocked
- Make sure items are labeled and price marked properly
- Know the cash register like you know your own cell phone
- Protect our products by greeting customers, attaching/detaching security tags, monitoring floor merchandise, reporting shrinkage and security violations, etc.
- Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Should be a people person!
- Past retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment
- Familiarity with cash register functions
- Ability to quickly perform basic math
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Ability to: lift 4 lbs. frequently; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally; stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.