Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal)
Elizabeth, New JerseyJob ID R17215
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
- Provides customer service using proper selling techniques; GUEST service model, and product knowledge:
- Greet and customer contact
- Understanding customer's needs
- Educating the customer on product features and benefits
- Solving customer questions
- Transact by suggestive selling, building the sale and multiple selling and closing the sale.
- Develop product knowledge of store merchandise. To include:
- correctly measuring and fitting the customer to appropriate NB product
- communicating current store promotion and correct price
- reviewing features and benefits
- Keep floor area neat and organized. This includes:
- stock and inventory functions (labeling and price marking items)
- merchandising apparel as needed
- organizing and fill sales floor to maximize selling
- Perform cash register duties using POS procedures:
- accurately follow company and retail division procedures to handle payment transactions (Open, Maintain, and Close Cash Register)
- educate customers on MYNB Loyalty program and maintain minimum 25% loyalty conversion rate
- obtain management approval for specific transactions, as instructed
- package merchandise appropriately
- inform customer regarding exchange and return policy
- Protect Company Assets by greeting customers; attach and detach security tags (if provided)
- report shrinkage and security violations
- monitor floor merchandise
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for safety – follow safety regulations, including:
- proper lifting procedures
- reporting in a timely manner all accidents and near misses
- ensuring the maintenance of a clean and organized work area – sales floor, stock area, office
- Performs other duties as required.….
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Flexible work schedule includes weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform basic math and have basic PC and/or cash register skills.
- Past retail experience desirable, but not necessary.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills, good verbal communication skills and enjoy working with the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 15 - 40 pounds.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.