Account Manager - Iowa
IowaJob ID R19588
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
The Account Manager is responsible for driving sales of New Balance footwear, accessories, and apparel to customers within a designated territory. Responsible for achieving sales objectives and quotas for their territory. The Account Manager will effectively manage all NB business activities with each customer, using marketing and product initiatives to effectively position New Balance brand.
- Planning: Work with Regional Sales Managers to develop accurate and realist go-to-market plans, quarterly assortments, forecasts, and scenario plans. Conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews with customers. Meet all reporting and forecasting deadlines in a timely and consistent manner.
- Account Management: Work with the Regional Sales Manager to manage assigned accounts. Provide account feedback to Sales and Product management staff. Leverage market and account knowledge to maximize New Balance product placement and sales. Ensure that inventory levels and aligned to sell through, margin and turn objectives. Mentor other Sales Reps regarding best practices for managing accounts.
- Product: Identify product opportunities and execute product strategies. Stay current on product features and changes. Recommend product to purchase that position inventory appropriately and proactively manage product flow. Balance the merchandising needs of the account with New Balance's product placement objectives.
- Order Management: Accountable for execution, management, and timely coordination of account orders, including entry, tracking, order confirmation, cancellations and delivery information. Meet all order deadlines in a timely and consistent manner using assigned tools
- Brand Presentation: Manage all aspects of New Balance brand presentation with assigned account(s) including advertising, in store and on-line. Ensure proper ROI in achieved from New Balance's investments in advertising and in store with customer. Coordinate meetings between customer contacts and New Balance Marketing to establish strategies and execution for brand presentations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Four year university degree or equivalent
- 5 + years of experience in specialty retail and/or field sales/sales support
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills
- Self-motivation, determination, creativity and organizational skills are a must
- Proficient at computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Sales Force (SFDC) or similar platform strongly preferred.
- Frequent travel is required, including multiple overnights and weekends
- Active interest in running and/or related sports is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and state driving record is required
- Must be able to lift and carry sample bags weighing up to 30 pounds.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.