3D Production Artist intern (one year)-3
Lawrence, MassachusettsJob ID R18194
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
The ideal 3D Production Artist intern has 3D modeling experience with high and low resolution modeling skills. UV and Texturing skills are required as well as Lighting and rendering imagery for product visualization.
A 3D Production ArtistIntern should be proficient in the latest version of MODO, Photoshop and Illustrator. Traditional art skills are a plus.
- Create CG Shoes from concept art provided by Designers at New Balance
- Complete quality work on time and to specification
- Create custom meshes for the New Balance Preset Library
- Create custom materials for the New Balance Preset Library
- Create custom lighting rigs and assemblies for the New Balance Preset Library
- Create additional assets for the Preset Library
- Assist 3D Production Manager in training Designers
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Proven and demonstrable experience in 3D Modeling and Rendering.
- Good understanding of most CG techniques and technologies (CG Generalist Skillset).
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the Designers.
- Able to adapt to change, rapid iterations, and revisions.
- Handles constructive feedback well.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continuous learner.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.