Material Information Analyst Intern (12 Month Internship - Lawrence, MA)Job ID R17386
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
Please note: This is a 1 Year (12 month) internship in our Lawrence MA facility starting on or around January 2, 2019.
Do you want to gain invaluable insight into your field? Do you want to better understand the ins and outs of our industry? Do you want to find out firsthand about the culture we’re always preaching about? Are you sick of being asked rhetorical questions? Then intern at New Balance! There’s no better way to explore a career path while gaining real world experience from a truly game changing company. We promise your time with us will serve you regardless of where you decide to go next – just be ready to hit the ground running and make the experience your own.
The Material Information Intern will work with the Material Sourcing and Development Teams to proactively manage the global material master data through its lifecycle. You should be an attentive listener and have enthusiasm for data integrity, data management, and process improvement.
- Measure and analyze data to identify potential business improvements
- Proactively manage Material Master Data and exercise responsibility over Global Materials Library data
- Monitor parts usage and obsolescence
- Support global MST initiatives and Development teams
- Create and maintain seasonal and foundational palette material
- Manage Material Data Sheet (MDS) and maintain in PPM
- Communicate regularly with T1/T2 suppliers and manage vendor material guidelines
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of experience
- Curiosity, strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and flexibility in an ever changing environment
- Ability to flourish in a team environment and share best practices
- Aptitude for database and project management
- Proficiency with MS Office and Visio
- PLM and SQL knowledge a plus
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
Meet Evie, Apparel Design
Meet Tim, Product Innovation
Meet Hanalei, Retail Manager