Category ExecutiveJob ID R17526
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
- Plan and brief EMEA product line for Football, Walking, Training, Cricket & Tennis footwear that delivers a coherent range architecture with price point positioning that drives both Brand equity and volume at acceptable margins.
- Work closely with Accessories Licensees to ensure that the regional needs are met and that the markets have the relevant product and pricing information required to grow the business.
- Travel to domestic and international markets to conduct market, trend, competitor and consumer research and gain product feedback. (could include weekends/ unsociable hours)
- Create, communicate and brief new product ideas for category growth
- Involvement in planning, development and management of FOP categories.
- Responsible for update of pricing and margin analysis for relevant products, ensuring appropriate margin requirements are met.
- Manage and execute requests for Commercial Operations SMU’s with key EMEA retailers.
- To establish a relationship with markets and keep in regular communication with them to ensure all product queries, requirements and feedback are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Present new product line at key customer accounts throughout Europe, as well as International Sales Meetings.
- Reporting of category developments to management as and when required.
- Constantly liaising with Category Merchandise Manager to ensure product plans align with SBU seasonal aesthetic.
- Managing sample arrival/ organisation/ cataloguing etc.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to meet all merchandising milestones.
- Creation and management of range grids/ presentations/ merchandising systems/ development systems etc.
- Manage the line for maximum SKU efficiency
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Pan European mindset.
- Credible knowledge of international consumer trends and market dynamics
- Knowledge of international retail environment
- High initiative, high energy, passionate, decisive, eye for detail, confident.
- Strong analytical skills
- Open communication/good listening skills
- General technical footwear product knowledge
- Ability to convincingly present category knowledge/ Collections using PowerPoint and spreadsheet software tools.
- Time management skills
- Highly organised
- Efficient computer Skills including Excel, Word, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Internet and Microsoft outlook
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
Meet Evie, Apparel Design
Meet Tim, Product Innovation
Meet Hanalei, Retail Manager