Norway, MaineJob ID R15326
New Balance was founded on one simple maxim: we were born to move. For over a century, that idea has inspired us to support athletes of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence, whether that means winning a medal or just leading a more active lifestyle.
But as proud as we are of our history, we’re even more excited about our future. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers – those kindred spirits who follow only their passions — because tomorrow belongs to the courageous of today.
Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community. Join New Balance and declare your independence.
New Balance’s Assembler I position performs a variety of machine operations in our shoe manufacturing process. Work is performed in a team environment – focused on safety, quality and productivity standards towards meeting customer demands.
- Performs work according to established procedures and processes – executes tasks to the materials and parts of the shoe utilizing various tools and machinery.
- Willingness to support a changing environment, flexibility to cross train and rotate to various jobs and duties towards achieving departmental and business goals. Makes suggestions to improve the process and displays motivation and initiative to improve skills and job knowledge.
- Supports NB quality expectations/standards and takes ownership for meeting them. Ensures work quality before passing onto customers.
- Follows NB policies and demonstrates responsibility for attendance, safety requirements, PPE and reporting of accidents and near misses.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent and 2 plus years of experience in manufacturing environment desirable.
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand for eight hours and move from role to role. Must be able to lift light to moderate amounts of weight up to 42 pounds. Must be able to perform repetitive upper extremity motions and repetitive forceful grip/pinch requiring both hands. Use of personal protective equipment is required.
- Willingness to learn other jobs and work in a team environment is essential.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.